Club members design events, implement research projects and initiate new programs with these goals firmly in mind. By doing so, we hope to inform the public, empower our members and engage our city and its citizens in the vital work of community building.
Goal 1: City Club convenes and leads major policy discussions in the city, region and state.
- Build partnerships across sectors and convene forums to focus on the community's most pressing policy issues.
- Provide visionary solutions to major policy challenges through Club programs, research and policy positions.
- Enhance efforts to communicate mission, activities and policy positions to members, partners and the larger community.
- Expand the website to serve as a community portal to policies, issues and events that shape the region.
Goal 2: City Club empowers its members to engage, inform and shape community discussions and policies.
- Increase hands-on opportunities for individual members to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for civic leadership.
- Promote interaction among members and strengthen engagement with community leaders.
Goal 3: City Club builds sustainable financial, administrative and diverse volunteer capital.
- Increase new and retain current members, with targeted outreach to communities of color and younger adults.
- Increase Leadership Circle and Corporate Sponsorship giving, while ensuring that endowment funds exceed $2 million.
- Develop operational and programmatic infrastructure (systems, technology, volunteers and staff) to support the management of Club activities and achieve the intended scope of programming
City Club is guided by the principles of Access, Inclusion, Interaction, Relevance and Sustainability.